Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another week gone by.....

The first part of the week I was off work. It was real nice spending time home. Most of the time was spent in the kitchen. Cleaned out the refrigeration and made some soup, chicken salad, and a terrific Corned Beef.

I made my own recipe and it was delicious. I took a 4 lb corn beef with the juice and spices. Add 2 Geniuses beers, 1/2-1 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp dry mustard, 1 tsp dry ground thyme, added a small bag of baby carrots, two onions sliced with 6 potatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Covered with water brought to a boil. Boiled for one hour reduced heat for 5 hours. Easy and delicious. The left overs were good.............

Wednesday I spent the day surfing the web and relaxing. Thursday I went back to work.

Friday in the mail arrived Carlie hearing aid dispenser license results. SHE PASSED!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Carlie.

We had over Rodney, Dennis, Brian and Greg for dinner on Friday night. After dinner we played Flip it card game. We had a lot of fun with our friends. Carlie came home from having a meeting with work sick. She does not like being sick.

Saturday we decided to go to a RV show at Phoenix Stadium. We walked through only a few coaches. We liked a Gulf Stream Tour Master T40C. www.gulfstreamcoach.com. It was beautiful. Ron and I both got to drive the coach. We sat down and discussed money and the coach was just a little out of our reach. We did not want a coach that was lovely, but unable to use. We are very happy still with our coach. We had our taxes done in the afternoon. Then took Rodney and Dennis out for dinner to the Elephant Bar in Scottsdale. We all ate everything on our plates.

Sunday was a chore day. I got all the laundry done, house cleaned. Ron got the yard work done. He put his new smoker together. I went to the grocery store and got some chicken. Ron smoked four small chickens for dinner. With the left overs I made chicken salad for lunches next week.

Taylor announced this week she will be graduation early from college 12/2011 and then commission into the Air Force. She is very excited.

1 comment:

Carla said...

You are my inspiration to be a better cook! I did make a pot roast yesterday with the Grandmother' spices and it was delicious!